About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Monday, March 2, 2020

     If you are an exchange student in Taiwan, as you will see in my blog, you will probably be expected to do some presentations. I decided to post the last one that I did as an exchange student. I also used this exact presentation after returning home when I presented to my club, Sunrise Granger Rotary. I actually left the presentation in Mandarin and spoke English to the audience so that they had to listen (and because I was lazy and did not want to redo it). Unfortunately, in this format we loose all the flashy animations and transitions (aw snap!) In this post, I will cut the part with the random facts about the U.S. and Indiana, because we want to hear about exchange! 

It actually ends up being somewhat of a summary of this blog and my exchange

Hello, my name is Autumn or Ding Wanqiu, I was an exchange student in Taiwan when I was 16

Interviewing for exchange: stressful but successful 

Christmas conference with other outbounds, inbounds, and the occasional rebound
You simply cannot miss the potluck dinner

Volunteer opportunity with all three Indiana districts and "All IN" conference

The famous (infamous?) Calvin College Central States Conference

Leaving the US, the morning, at sunrise was the time to go! Let me tell ya, it was perfect.

My flight: 2 layovers, 24 hours, got on the plan when I was 15, got off and I was 16

Arriving in Taiwan and my 16th birthday

My beautiful first host family

The other lovely exchange students from my school
(Those flags are: Lithuania, Denmark, Brasil, and Slovakia btw)

My School and wonderful classmates

Chinese language class and the best teachers ever

First Conference in Taiwan to meet the other exchangers

Travel to Tainan

Rotary Event: pottery making

The Halloween party we (the exchange students) demanded

Thanksgiving


Coming of age ceremony complete with very choreographed and practiced dance

Christmas


2019!

My wonderful, patient 2nd host family


Chinese New Year at Yeye's house

fun times playing with fireworks

Trip to national park with 1st host family + David


The third host family whom I adore completely

Crazy, fun Rotary even of paint ball, bubble soccer, and foam archery (which I slay at by the way)

National Rotary Conference (yet another dance)

My terrific fourth host family

Mother's day

Penghu (heaven on earth) trip



My Taiwanese Rotary Club and all of our amazing times together





No comments:

Post a Comment