About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Sunday, April 28, 2019

TOCFL language test

The TOCFL is a globally recognized test of how familiar a person is with any given language. There are six levels, A1 through C2. Native speakers have to study for C2. When a person takes the test they must decide which level and category they are testing for. I was hoping for A2 but expecting A1.  The test I was taking was reading and listening. So I got up on Saturday morning and took the bus to Taipei University of education. I met David, William, and King, who will be my last host brother. There were a few other exchangers there, whom I had never met, but it was mostly just adult, foreigners who were living in Taiwan. We had a bit of trouble finding which room we were each in but we all got to our places on time. For some reason we weren’t allowed to wear shoes in the computer room. That was fine with me. I was comfortable in my little Tortoro socks. David on the other hand, was wearing sandals and the test room was quite chilly. The instructions were all in Chinese. My vocabulary does not include how to use volume or which one is the “next” button so I had to mostly guess on the pictures. The first question I guessed wrong. What I thought was the pause turned out to be the skip. I shook it off and kept going. I ended being four points away from A2 in listening and two in reading. That means I’m “intermediate-mid.” David got A2 for reading but he was disappointed that he didn’t get it for listening. After the test we went out for very tasty Mexican food. It was good. I’ll take it again in May and maybe I’ll get A2.
Thanks for reading,
Autumn Crisovan 丁晚秋

No comments:

Post a Comment