About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Monday, April 9, 2018

Pre-Exchange Happenings

 I have not posted in quite a while so the following will be a photo summary of everything that has happened that is Rotary or Taiwan related. Enjoy. 


This is a photo of many of the current Outbounds (ambassadors leaving the US) and Inbounds (ambassadors spending their year in the US) at the most recent Ancilla College conference. it was a lot of fun and a great chance to get to know other future, and current, exchange students! I'm really excited for this upcoming one! These are the training sessions that help us prepare to leave. If you are considering being an ambassador through 6540 I would recommend clicking here, because we spend a lot of time at Ancilla. (I'm front right, most of me has been cut off)


My family hosts an annual St. Patrick's Day Party that includes playing games, eating, and the main event: potato racing. Picture Pinewood derby, but rather than wood the cars are made out of a potato. This year my potato racer (as shown above) was inspired by the flag of Taiwan. We had other Taiwan-related activities, but I don't have pictures of those.   
I got this book for Easter. It is about a young Taiwanese-American girl who is spending a month in Taiwan for the first time. I would recommend it to those who wish to learn about Taiwan. It is a fairly easy read and does not take much time. Thanks, Aunt Pipi for this present!! 


Thanks for reading! 'Till next time!
-Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment