About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Worries

Although I am super excited to be an exchange student, I am also very worried. There are some things that are inevitable, if everything goes right I will still get homesick, actually sick, and there will be a huge language barrier. There is nothing I can do about that, but it doesn't stop me from being nervous. I'm going to arrive in Taiwan jetlagged, tired, and most likely not feeling completely healthy. My host family may speak Taiwanese, which I know none of, or Mandarin, in which case I can say hi, what is your name, and count to ten. That is pretty scary, but I also know that it will be worth it.  And, like I said that is if everything goes well. I could get on the wrong plane at a layover, and be flying in the wrong direction when one of the engines explodes and we plummet into the waves. Okay, I'm overreacting, but still. Really, I love flying, I'm good at keeping my cool under pressure, and I have a decent immune system. Who knows maybe some very cool actor will be visiting Taiwan, and I magically end up sitting next to them. After all, the Superman, as in Henry Cavill, was on my sister's flight back from Chile. It could happen!
Thanks for reading. Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment