About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Exchange Pins

There is a tradition in Rotary that each exchange student makes their own pins. It sounds strange, but it's actually really cool. Every student has a Rotary blazer and just about every other student they meet gives them a personalized pin to put on the blazer. By the end of their exchange, their blazer is completely covered in pins, and each pin has a story and a memory. The trick of making pins is that they have to be cheap and easy to make many of. I have yet to make my pins. I have a few ideas, but I don't know which one I'm going to chose. 


This picture is a to-scale map of Taiwan inside Indiana, where the hart is South Bend.This is one of my design ideas, it would be a button. Buttons are cheap and with the right tools,  are very easy to make.

This is my other idea. Same design, different style. I could do this with a shrinky dink, but that may be pretty time-consuming. My other idea, which would be really cool but might be costly, it to have laser cut wood done in this design at the local art place Make it South Bend.

This is how my blazer looks, so far

No comments:

Post a Comment