About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Cinco de Mayo


Today is May 5th, and South Bend is celebrating Cinco de Mayo! This celebration commemorates the Mexican victory at the Battle of Puebla against Napoleon's French army. My mom and I volunteered for a 5k run called Cinco de Milles (which is funny because a 5k is 3.01 miles) that my dad and brother ran in. This is the third year I have participated in this 5k, but the first year I wasn't running. The proceeds go to a local non-profit, La Casa de Amistad. There was a mariachi band and the warmup was dancing. it is always a lot of fun. Later we went to a Cinco de Mayo celebration at Lasalle Park and had ice cream from a local ice cream parlor called La Rosita. In all, I had a lot of fun today, and encourage anyone coming to the US for exchange to celebrate!

Here is a picture of La Rosita (personally my favorite ice cream place in South Bend)

Here is me wearing this year's volunteer shirt (click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment