About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Thursday, May 17, 2018

AP World History


Image result for world history textbook open to page about Taiwan
Photo creds: https://news.stanford.edu/2016/03/31/memory-war-asia-033116/ 
So, the reason I have not posted yet this week is because this morning was the AP World History (WHAP) Exam, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. At Adams High School a week in WHAP  goes like this: Sunday- read 10-13 pages of the textbook, Monday - quiz over the material, Wednesday - read pages, and so on an so forth in a cycle. Then one also must take the 100 point, multiple choice and short answer, Unit Tests. It sounds rough, but one learns to get used to it. The funny thing about this is whenever Taiwan popped up in the textbook somewhere I would circle it and swell with pride, for the country I have not yet been to. The best part of the story is that my friends would also get really excited when Taiwan was mentioned in World History. I know this makes us sound super dorky but it's encouraging to hear about Taiwan. I think this is because sadly, it is very common for the people who ask where I am going to have never heard of Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment