About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Thursday, May 24, 2018

End of The School year

Image result for summer
Credits: https://newsroom.aaa.com/2015/06/aaa-travel-lists-top-summer-vacation-destinations-2/ 

Its that time of year when classes seem slow and pointless. When even the teachers are counting down the days left. Most of our class curriculums are about to end or have ended. In some classes, we just watch movies to pass the time. Summer seems so glorious and wanted. It means freedom, beaches, video games, and guilt-free late nights. Or at least that's the ideal. In reality, not much is changing. I'm taking Summer school so that I can graduate with my class and go on exchange. I'm still taking Mandarin and gardening. Now that I think about it feels like nothing is changing! But soon enough everything will change and I'll be whooshed away to a place where nothing will be the same! The crazy thing is how fast freshman year went by. Yesterday was Spring break. The week before that, Christmas, and a month ago was the first day of school. If this year went by that fast think of how fast next year will be! If I blink I'll be in Taiwan. Close my eyes and my year will be over. All this makes me value savoring the moment. Making as many days as I can stand out from the others, rather than blend together like the last three years have.

No comments:

Post a Comment