About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Friday, December 7, 2018

Halal Khan's Shawerma 沙威瑪

Thursday, after school I went to Ximen with Elena. William had told us about a kebab vendor that we both wanted to try. We arrived in Ximen and walked around awhile, looking for this vendor. Eventually, Elena looked him up on Google maps and we found him quickly. IT was called  Halal Khan's Shawerma 沙威瑪.  His stall was tiny but the meat we could see was quite impressive and it smelled amazing. The vendor was not Taiwanese, he spoke perfect English and Chinese. He was very friendly and the food we ordered was delicious, it was defiantly somewhere we will visit again. We found somewhere to sit and we talked for a while over bubble tea and tropical fruit. Before we went home we stumbled into a building with many booths where everything was designed or made by local artists, most of whom were sitting at the back of their booth. Being the broke exchange student I am I just bought a beautifully drawn postcard and bookmark and two stickers for my water bottle. I will defiantly be back before the end of my exchange (when I have more money ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment