About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

School lunch

In school, we do almost everything in our classroom, including eat. The women who make lunch leave the crates of food in the hall when we are ready to eat our classmates go and get them. We all eat a self-serve buffet style lunch. We bring our own containers, chopsticks, and spoons. There is almost always rice (because if you're not eating rice with lunch or dinner it's because you're eating noodles) and there's usually a meat dish and a vegetable dish to put on the rice, sometimes there is fruit as a side. When we finish the rice, meat, and veggies we fill our bowls with soup. Sometimes lunch like this is really tasty. Our lunch ladies make a mean fried chicken! Sometimes it's not so great, I'm not huge on kelp soup or little fish that are full of eggs. Once we get our lunch we can sit where ever we want. I just sit at my desk but some people sit on the floor or on their desk. After lunch, we have rest time. That's half an hour we can spend as we like as long as we're not talking. Sometimes I watch a show, sometimes I read, sometimes I sleep, it doesn't matter! It's great! Why don't we have nap time in high school in the US? Anyway, just something different that I thought would be interesting ;)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment