About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

PACKING


Packing for exchange was very slow but it felt really good when I was done, which is why I should have done it a lot sooner. After you're done packing you feel confident and ready to go. That is a very good feeling for an exchange student. Every exchange student I know does not know how to start. So here are five tips that will help.
1) Start with a clean, and organized room.
Don't try to pack in clutter, it will only make you more anxious and it will be harder to find things.
2) Pick out luggage that you like and that will stand out
Don't pick out luggage that you think will make other people happy. This is your exchange and doing small things like having a suitcase that's your favorite color will help you build your individuality and independence. Also, a unique color or pattern will help you to find it in the luggage claim 
3) Make a list and stick to it
this will help prevent over packing and relieve you of the feeling that you are forgetting something


4) Use vacuum bags
these will make fitting jackets and jeans into your suitcase much easier  

5) Make clear, easy to read luggage tags
put them on your carry on bags as well, this will make emergency contact info easily accessible. You never know what might happen to your bags. I have a friend who was on two of my flights with me, instead of her bag going to Taipei one of them went to Las Angeles!

ta da!





No comments:

Post a Comment