About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

4 days

Day 1. Aug, 25th:
The first day I was in Taiwan I woke up pretty early and felt pretty good. I was surprised that I wasn't jet lagged. I was just talking with my host family and reading. Around noon I went to read in my room and fell asleep when I woke up it was dark! I had slept for five hours! I couldn't believe I had slept for that long. My host parents took me on a walk to see my school. It is very close to our house. After we saw the school, we had ice cream. It was made from soymilk and was very tasty. The chocolate didn't have a noticeable difference, but the vanilla did and it was just as good, if not better, than dairy-based vanilla. The cone tasted like it had a different base too but I couldn't tell what it was.

Day 2. August 26th:
I ate breakfast with my host mom. She noticed my nails and I showed her the polish I brought. She showed me the polish that they have. She let me paint her nails with my favorite orange color. We were watching Bucket List when my computer died. My host sister said, "we're going to Taichung to visit my dad's brother, we're leaving now." My cousins were really nice, especially Racheal, who went with me and Sophia to a theater that was designed by a famous Japanese architect, apparently. We ate dinner with what was probably my baba's whole family. There was really tasty dishes, really spicy dishes, and dishes that I wouldn't eat again if I could help it. But now I can say I've had seven-year egg. 







Day 3. August 27th:
I went out for breakfast with Sophia in the morning we had dumplings and an egg dish that were really good. After that, we took a bus to meet up with the Inbound from Slovakia, David, and his host brother, a rebound who went to Italy, King. We hiked 象山 or Elephant Mountain. By the time we got to the top, we were all covered in sweat and out of breath. But, it was fun, and the view alone made it worth it.



After that, we went to a birthday party for a rebound from Italy named Calvin. He was really nice and I met a bunch of awesome locals. I also met an inbound from Lithuania named Elana. It was really fun! We sat around a Taiwanese BBQ and ate whatever anyone put on the grill. The fish that they made was AMAZING. The two girls sitting next to me made sure that I got to try everything and that I didn't eat anything you weren't supposed to.


Day 4. August 28th:
Today it rained almost all day so we had to stay inside. But we went to apply for my ID card and get a sim card. I also had traditional Taiwanese beef noodle soup (四川牛肉麵) My host family was surprised and pleased to watch me drink the broth.


3 comments:

  1. Great blog entry! There is an unfortunate typo regarding the vanilla ice cream though.

    ReplyDelete