About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Camp Jumpstart

Saturday morning I got on a bus that was full of exchange students. Only five of whom I had met. The air was filled with the loud, cheerful voices of people from all over the world. When we arrived at the conference building there were even more exchange students. We were split into small, random, groups that we spent the weekend with. The thing about being an exchange student is that you instantly make friends with other exchange students. I made so many new friends who I hope to grow close with over the next few months. I know that sounds cheesy but it's very true :) There were quite a few presentations, but I think that all had good information. We played games to help us learn colors, numbers, directions, and most importantly, tones. We made dumplings, which we ate. And tried many new foods. I tried aloe for the first time, it was quite strange and very sour. We signed forms granting permission to be subject to random drug testing (which I had no idea was a thing but won't be a problem for me ;) And of course, we danced. I have one dance move, that I use over and over again. It's the "coffee grinder" and it goes over very well with exchange students. I recommend finding that dance move, or just be from Brazil because I haven't met a Brazilian who couldn't dance. Overall the conference went very well. One of the things I found most impressive about it was that it was almost completely run by Rotex! (Rotex are exchangers who went and came back more than a year ago) I am inspired I have already contacted our Rotex president to let him know I would like to be one after my Rebound year. (If I find more pictures later I'll try to add them but I didn't take very many)






No comments:

Post a Comment