About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Weekend in Tainan!!

We drove to Tainan to drop Sophia off at her university. She goes to a very specialized art school. We spent the night in guest housing and enjoyed the lovely nearby attractions! We started by visiting the largest Budah in Taiwan. Ghost month is just ending so there were rows and rows of food set out for the hungry ghosts. It was beautiful and very informational. I learned a lot about the story of the Budah. On Sunday we went to the Chimei Museum. I enjoyed the impressive collection of art and history very much. The displays ranged from fossils and meteorites to sculptures and paintings. There was even an impressive collection of ancient armor and weapons from around the world. The surprising thing about the museum is that it is privately owned! I'm going to miss Sophia very much, but I know she'll do amazing things at her school! The following is a crap ton of photos of me trying to capture the awesomeness of it all:



More yummy unknown ice cream😋 (Does anyone know the English name of this fruit?)





This stripped tent in front of the temple was full of tables of food for the hungry ghosts













They're water chestnuts!

Yummy sweet soup






















 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a beautiful place, Autumn. Good luck with volleyball. Sounds like fun (sans mosquitoes.)

    ReplyDelete