About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

School

I started school last Thursday. I was really nervous and I had no idea what to expect. My sister walked me to school and went into the meeting with me. There were four other exchange students there, only two of which I had previously met. There is Elana from Lithuania, David from Slovakia, William from Denmark, and Heloisa from Brasil. We arrived at nine and the brief meeting was about how school would go for us exchangers. But it was in Chinese so the exchangers were still in the dark. Then the parents left and the five of us talked and got to know each other. Now I can't believe that I've only known them for about a week! My first class was math, I thought that I could participate because its numbers, but unfortunately I still don't understand anything. My classmates are really nice. My friend, Sandy, speaks the best English of them. The others only speak a little bit. I'm hoping that that will help me learn Chinese in the long run. During class time I practice writing characters, or I read, or draw, depending on my mood. They don't have us do any school work though. I know that learning Chinese is hard and I should cut myself some slack, but It's SO frustrating that I can't communicate with all of these smart, friendly, and kind people that I have met. I joined the volleyball team. We have practice from 7 to 8 on Mondays and Fridays. It's a good workout maybe it will keep me from getting too fat.😆

My P.E. Uniform

My beautiful Bei Da mug designed by one of the students. This mug was our welcoming gift on the first day 


4 out of the five exchange families. This is us after eating Japanese food at a very fancy restaurant
Our lovely school ❤






Had I ever used a squat toilet before I came to Taiwan? Nope. In fact, I had never even seen one. But they're in our school 

If you get the chance to use a squat toilet, face the hole, not all squat toilets can take paper wast so it is better to throw it in the trash. They're not bad, I 'm not used to them enough to say I like them more... but I have a feeling that I will get to that point

My everyday uniform


School lunch!! So much better than school lunch in the U.S.

My snazzy Bei Da back pack



2 comments: