About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Monday, September 17, 2018

Ximen and The Nun

Yesterday I left at three and met out with the amazing Elena to go to Ximen. My host parents told me to have fun and be back by ten. After almost an hour of travel, via bus and MRT, we arrived in Ximen. It was amazing. There were people everywhere! Walking, eating, shopping, selling, or performing. The energy was just as indescribable and terrific as any big city. I can tell I'm secretly an extrovert because being in places like that make me feel so alive. Elena and I tried tasty rice noodle soup, and delicious octopus ball things, and frog eggs tea, and bubble tea with almond milk! We met up with the lovely Luana from Brasil and headed to the movie theater. We bought three tickets for The Nun, a bag of popcorn, and drinks and found our seats. It was your average scary movie (not that I've seen very many) we jumped when we were supposed to and laughed when we weren't, it was a lot of fun. As you can probably tell, I have a big appreciation for what most people consider to be incredibly cheesy, I mean, my blog is called Love at First Flight for crying out loud! I love when everyone gets what they deserve, and the girl gets the guy, and there's a happy ending. I'm a big believer in "alls well that ends well" when it comes to movies. I liked The Nun. Except I really wish that she wasn't a nun and that the very end didn't happen (you'll know what I mean if you watch it), but I liked the Nun it was good scary. After all of it and the ride home, my key was in our door when my watch flashed 10:00. It was a good day ;)













1 comment: