About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Students from 106

A few days ago some students from room 106 invited me to go with them to Ximending and then Fuzhong Night Market. They were very nice so I agreed. It was Monday, the day of the moon festival, which is why we didn't have school. I woke up to the sound of bells and drums outside my window, where there was a parade. We went to visit my dad's family for lunch. They had a tank full of the biggest goldfish I had ever seen. We ate moon cakes and fruit and pineapple cake. My Great Uncle lives in Taipei so my parents dropped me off in Ximending (Ximen) I found my new friends, and we were off. We drank bubble milk tea, tried on hats, ate shaved ice, looked at floor after floor of shops, and we went target shooting. It was NT100 for 20 bullets. The guy who worked there spoke surprisingly good English, also. I proved to be fairly handy with the gun I choose and it was a lot of fun. I'm glad that they thought of it. After Ximen, we went to Fuzhong Night Market. It was a small night Market, only about a block long. We walked along and slowly tried food which made up our dinner. I started with a tasty watermelon smoothy, I got fried dumplings (which I love!!! And are way better than they are in the States) and my friends bought me candied strawberries!! I also tried something that looked like a giant bread honey come and little oysters. it was very fun I love how chill and friendly everyone is here!!!

Me and my friend Rita

Shaved ice that is brown sugar flavored and taro on the side




The bottom of this sign says "Do not buy will regret it" XD

Lunch after everyone had finished

No comments:

Post a Comment