About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Monday, September 10, 2018

Volleyball and mosquitoes

I joined Bei Da's volleyball team. We meet on Monday and Friday mornings from 7 to 8. Today I woke up at 5:30 to get ready to go. I was walking to school when it started misting, however, it was very light, not enough to cause me to pull out my umbrella. By the time I reached the school gate, it had increased to a full drizzle. I was waiting around for the team captains with some other girls when the rain stopped. We moved out to the nets and started to warm up. It began to mist again and we moved back. I was disappointed and surprised that we were seeking cover from such a pitiful amount of rain, but I didn't complain and started to warm up under the awning with the rest of the team. Beside us were pretty gardens, from which vines grow up the side of the school. We were doing partner drills when I slapped a mosquito on my leg. My partner, Athena, asked if I was okay. This made me stop and look down. My legs were already covered in bites. And, now that I was looking I could squish a new mosquito by the second. The other girls began to look at their own limbs, however for whatever reason mosquitos here find me incredibly tasty! My teammates began to smack the mosquitos as they landed on me! I looked at my partner and whined: "I can't do this." I asked her if it would be alright if I went home and got itch medicine. (she's one of the captains) I looked back down at the bumps and black and brown smears covering my legs an said "nope, "I picked up my bags and walked home. Luckily, my family has this Japanese solution for bug bites that works like magic. By the time I got back to school, only a few bites were bothering me.


(The nice thing about the rain is it cleaned the insects' bodies off) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my poor baby! Don’t they sell bug repellent there?
    ��

    ReplyDelete