About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Indigo dying

Indigo dying is a very traditional art form in Taiwan. The plants are grown and processed here in Taiwan. Some people can dye amazing patterns and even pictures onto the cloth with enough practice. My district, 三峽, is particularly known for indigo dying. Our teacher that is in charge of us exchangers, Lisa,  arranged for us to get to try. It was really cool. It was just like doing tye dye with rubber bands and folding. We would submerge our cloth for a count of a hundred then let it dry. When the dye was wet it was a green color, as it dried it became more and more blue. After we had dunked it three times we rinsed it off, undid the rubber bands, and you have a nice blue and white pice of cloth!
Thanks for reading,
Autumn 丁晚秋



No comments:

Post a Comment