About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Monday, January 7, 2019

Moving host families

I was already packed when I woke up on Sunday morning. It felt so strange to be packing again. Part of me felt like exchange was starting again and part of me felt like “this means I go home soon.” Now if you have been reading my blog you’ll know that there our five of us that go to 北大高中 (Beida High school) there’s me, Heloisa, David, Elena, and William. Four of us (Elena not being one) are in this rotation so that by the end of the year we will have had four families. It’s actually pretty great because we could prep each other a bit and now we can relate to things our families do. So my new family has two sons, Leo who is in France and Jim who went to the US last year. Jim has really good English because if this but he stays on his high school campus so I’ll only see him on weekends. My new host parents are really nice. My host mom is really easy to talk to in Chinese because she speaks slowly and uses basic vocabulary. This has made me realize that my Chinese is better than I thought it was. My new family took me to a classical concert and then we went out for steak for dinner. My first impression is a good one and I can see why changing families is a good thing.









No comments:

Post a Comment