About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Taipei Fine Art Museum

The week before Chinese New Year we don’t have school but 爸爸媽媽 (my host parents) did have work. I am not the kind of person who is content to spend an entire day lying around the house. Especially when the entire city of Taipei is so accessible! I decided to go to a museum. I was a bit unsure because it was quite far away and because I couldn’t find anyone to go with me, I was going alone. It turned out to be a place that one should go alone! Many of the exhibits were in English! Some of them took time to understand and think about and I was glad to not have another person rushing me along. Because the exhibits are continuously changing I can tell you about them without spoiling the museum for future inbounds. My favorite exhibit was an entire room.  Immediately after entering I was given a feeling of unease like I was watching a suspenseful movie. There was music playing but it was the most quiet of the sounds going on. On both walls there were videos playing on loop and over all that, one person at a time would ask Siri a question, each person speaking a different language than the last. On the wall street there were artistic images of people. Next to them was a pair of headphones so that the viewer could stop and listen to their voice, language, and, if the viewer could understand, their story.
Thanks for reading,
Autumn 丁晚秋

Here’s the link to the museum website: https://www.tfam.museum/index.aspx?ddlLang=zh-tw








No comments:

Post a Comment