About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Taipei Zoo

Friday our Chinese teachers took us to Taipei Zoo. First of all, it was crazy cheap to get in, like two US dollars! There was a really impressive assortment of animals. At first, our Chinese teachers would  say the name of the animal we were looking at in Chinese and we’d all repeat it. There was A LOT of   animals and that got old pretty quickly so eventually they’d just tell them the names of the more common animals. The exhibit I was most looking forward to was the Formosa black bear. They are like the mascot of Taiwan and I think they are adorable! They have big, round ears and a white V across their chest. When we got to the exhibit he was sleeping! We couldn’t see his ears or is chest! The others moved on but I I stayed a little longer, disappointedly looking at the heap of black fur. As I turned to leave he started to roll over! His face now towards the glass he put his big paw over his nose so I could see the famous markings! He was so cute! I was satisfied. One might think that going to the zoo with our teachers would make the experience lame however, our teachers are college students, and only a few years older then we are. They are very fun and made the zoo all the better with their presence. It you are an exchange student in Taipei I would definitely recommend spending a day at the zoo.















No comments:

Post a Comment