About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Sunday, January 20, 2019

“We’re going on a bike thing”

Yeah, turns out the “bike thing” was peddle-power cars that run on a train track. Let me back up. Every month our Rotary district gathers everyone together do an event. Last month it was Christmas, January is MUCH more random. My host mom told me we were going to something with biking. So we all gathered in Banqiao to get on the tour bed. Our first stop was the sea. The miserable weather made huge waves that, if we stood close enough, we could feel the spray from. The wind and the smell of the ocean made me feel so alive! Next was the pedal cars. They were fish-shaped, two person cars that ran along a track built into the mountain. We would pedal along, the top of the fish protecting us from the rain until we reached a tunnel. There were lights along the walls and ceiling and music playing from unseen speakers. It was very strange but also fun. Our last stop was a museum about ocean life. This was also an odd choice for a group of young foreigners. There was nothing alive and I think I was the only one to actually read some of the descriptions. None the less, it’s always good to see everyone and we had pizza for dinner! I’d call it up to be a good day.
Thanks for reading,
Autumn 丁晚秋








1 comment: