About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Friday, November 9, 2018

Biology Cooking

At the beginning of the school year, we got to pick an elective course that we would go to for two hours on Fridays. None of us were too crazy about learning basic French or Spanish in Chinese. I talked David and William into trying a class our teacher had called "biology cooking." The first day we were learning about molecules in English and they were sold. Boy did that pay off for a completely different reason. With this class, we've gone to a supermarket and Sanxia Old Sreet, and yesterday we got to make food. Our cookies came out really well (of course) and it turns out William is a really good cook. David's group made a green tea sponge cake with red beans. We made three kinds of cookies with the same batter. It was what the rest of my group wanted. We mixed in Chocolate chips, tea leaves, and peanuts. The chocolate chip ones came out the best but I had never had green tea cookies before and they were very good! It was a lot of fun especially because we had real ovens!

No comments:

Post a Comment