About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Coming of Age

Today was the Coming of Age Ceremony in Yilan! We arrived in Yilan around ten in the morning. we were given floral shirts to change into. After we were all changed we practiced our dance one more time. Then split up into groups and got a crash course in traditions and meanings in Taiwanese coming of age ceremonies. We ate lunch and changed into our outfits for the dance. We took way too many pictures while we were waiting but it was a lot of fun. Our dance went very well and we made all of our host parents proud. The actual coming of age part was a surprise because we had never practiced or even been told what we were doing. But that also went very well. When it was all said and done it was a really good day :)































No comments:

Post a Comment