About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Speech for Rotary

On Wednesday, I went to a Rotary meeting with my host mom. My mom had told me Monday night that I was going to give a speech about my first three months in Taiwan. Although my Chinese is still very basic, I think it went well. I'm definitely improving! It's hard not to get discouraged. To beat my self up because I should study more or think about how good my Spanish could be by now. Whenever that happens I find it is really just best to talk to another exchange student. This is our exchange. This is it. Taiwan is amazing! And I WILL learn Chinese, damn it! Even if it takes all year! Let'a keep learning and keep improving. Even when its hard to tell.







No comments:

Post a Comment