About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Sunday, November 18, 2018

北大高中生日快乐!

So Saturday was the fourth anniversary of the day they finished construction on my school. The "Birthday party" was a really big deal too. I arrived at school around 7:25 with my hair in braids. All my female classmates either also had their hair in braids or they were getting their hair braided. The boys had bright red paint on both of their cheeks, making them kind of look like dolls. My classmate, Kiki, stopped me to put a black X under one of my eyes and a red circle under the other. It was a bit strange but it worked. Then we went into the auditorium where we watched a quick dance? cooking show (you kinda had to be there) and several short speeches from important people. After that one by one, a class would move into the hall and then come back with pom poms to do a dance. It was a lot of fun! My class did really well. The class that one definitely deserved it though, their dance was original and clean and their message was good. Even a group of teachers, wearing our uniforms, danced! After that, we went back to our classrooms to set up our stations. My class had karaoke, but most classes just sold food of some kind. By the end of the day, I had won a gudetama stuffy, tried fried milk, eaten tasty crapes and bbq, and sang three different songs! It was a lot of fun, but when I went home I crashed and fell asleep for like two hours! When I woke up my host family took me out to dinner at a really yummy sushi place and then we went to see A Star is Born. So long story short, it was a really good day. 

Cool School bands


The auditorium was so packed for the bands people were sitting on all the stairs and standing in the back! It was definitely a fire hazard 

Whoo! Go Jeff!

So crowded!






Question: Why couldn't DC use the actor that plays flash in the show for the movie? I mean they're both cute but still!


Apple Pie!!




Gudetama!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment