About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Monday, October 8, 2018

Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall

Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall

I spent yesterday with my host family. We visited the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall. It was incredibly beautiful. We got there just in time to watch the changing of the guard. We walked through the gardens and took lots of pictures. Although it was the first time I met my Nai Nai (dad's mom) we instantly got along. As we looked through the gift shop Nai Nai say a wallet with the Taiwan flag on it and decided to buy it for me as a late birthday gift. The lunch we had afterward was amazing. soup dumplings did not disappoint. There wasn't anything that I didn't like. On our way home we stopped to admire a public sunflower field. As the sunset reflected on the river, the lights of Taipei 101 began to light up purple and blue. It was a very good day.  

Chiang Kai-Shek was a military and political leader of Taiwan between 1928 and 1975  






                 我,我的媽媽,還有我的奶奶


An elderly couple enjoys a picnic lunch with the main gate behind them



The hall had an impressive variety of wild flora and fauna living among the tourists


A very tasty meal at which I tried my first soup dumplings!

Beautiful sunflower field that is overlooked by Taipei 101

我,我的父親,還有我的奶奶










No comments:

Post a Comment