About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Halloween in Hualien

Monday morning I woke up around six, grabbed my bag and headed to breakfast. That's where I ran into Elena. We met William at the bus stop and headed to Banqiao. We were running a bit late so we literally ran to find the rest of the exchange students. After the bus, we got on a train and then the bus again to finally arrive in Hualien around ten. We made posters for presentations we would be giving Sunday and ate lunch. By the time we got back to the hotel we only had half an hour to change into our Halloween costumes. I was Katniss. I had made her pin and learned how to do the braid. That plus my trusty rain jacket and everyone knew who I was. Everyone put in a good effort for the amount of time we had, and everyone had fun. The party was at a bar that obviously had regular live music, and we had the place to ourselves. There was more food than we could eat (which is amazing because we are exchange students) and the music was good for the most part. It was a good party and it was good to be celebrating Halloween even though they don't celebrate it here. One of the things that I was impressed with is that a Halloween party was not scheduled for this year. Some of the exchange students kept asking our inbound coordinator for a party. Finally, she said she'd need 300 NT from each person and she'd make it work.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment