About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Monday, October 1, 2018

Cookies!!

I have been wanting to make cookies in Taiwan, almost since I got here. I knew it would be a challenge, that the people I shared them with would appreciate them, and that I missed them. I didn't realize that I ate chocolate chip cookies often enough to miss them, but I did. First of all, they don't actually sell chocolate chips in Taiwan. I bought, what was pretty much a giant chocolate bar, and cut it into chunks with a knife. Secondly, my family doesn't have an oven, but not to worry, when you're determined you can do anything! I was able to bake eight cookies at a time, in their toaster oven. I used pots and a rubber spatula as opposed to a mixer (or just bowls) and a wooden spoon. I also converted the entire recipe from cups and teaspoons to grams. And when each batch was done, they were delicious. I was incredibly proud of myself for being able to improvise so well. I couldn't have done it without the help of my host mom and sister to find and buy the ingredients though! Today I brought enough to school for each of my classmates to have one. I was surprised at how many people actually tried them. They loved them. My good friend, Kim, managed to eat five throughout the day, which I didn't realize had enough for him to do, but I'm really happy that he liked them! It was a lot of fun. A very good way to make a restful Sunday productive and fun.


You can not understand how happy I was when my host mom handed me that set of little measuring cups.



My shopping list turned recipe😉

First batch

No comments:

Post a Comment