About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Visitors from Japan

Yesterday many students from a school in Japan came to visit us. We had been preparing for them to come for a while. We each had a partner that we were supposed to look after while they visited. they day started with our school showing some of our most impressive stage talents. Then we got to meet our partners. We played a trivia game about Taiwan (mostly about food) where I learned quite a few things. We also exchanged gifts, we gave them "Welcome to Beida" teacups and saucers while each of them gave us a personal gift. My partner gave me tiny, Japanese cookies, a beautiful little mirror, and cute pocket tissues. It was difficult to communicate at first but we got there. After trivia, we watched their dance and cheerleading performances. Both of which were very good. Then William, David and I got to go to Sanxia Old street with some of our classmates and our guests. I had so much fun! The girls were so friendly and excited. It reminded me of being in Taiwan for the first time. I wish they could have stayed longer but I did have a very fun day with them.













No comments:

Post a Comment