About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Exams

   It's been a while since I last posted. Usually, I try to catch up my posts but I'm not going to do that. Of course, lots has happened since then, but things will always happen. So instead, I'm just going to try to get back in the habit of three posts a week. I hope you can excuse my absence.
  Anyway, my classmates have been taking their midterms. This means two days solely of exams. They get very stressed and some of them become a bit difficult to be around. But it's all good because for these two days the exchangers didn't have to go to school! So yesterday morning I got in the car of William's host mother with William and David. We met Heloisa and her mother at the movie theater. It was very strange to be at the movies at 10am on a Tuesday. Suprise! No one was there! So my future host mothers* ordered us two giant Taiwanese churros, Coke, and popcorn. We walked into the empty theater and watched House with a Clock in The Walls, which was the strangest movie I have seen in a very long time. We had soup dumplings for lunch (yum) and then wandered around the mall for a while. After lunch, the mothers headed home and the four of us headed to Ximending. We met with friends, window shopped, and tried food. It was lots of fun. Today, I worked on my Halloween costume for the party this weekend, went shopping, and watched iZombie. At about 5:50 I headed over to practice for the coming of age ceremony. It's actually a lot of fun to learn traditional dances with friends. Plus they feed us ;)

*The four of us (me, Heloisa, David, and William) are just rotating families. I'm not sure of the order but I will live with each of their current families at some point and vice versa.


First coming of age practice


Hell yes, I made a Mockingjay pin out of candy wrappers and tape!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment