About this blog

Hi, I am Autumn Crisovan or 丁婉秋,
This blog is about my life as an exchange student in Taiwan, through Rotary Youth Exchange! I am sixteen. I live and go to school in New Taipei! I am from South Bend, Indiana USA. I'm having a lot of fun meeting new people and trying new things! Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Sanxia

Today we had amazing weather, and I had nowhere to be, so I decided to do some exploring. There is something incredibly freeing about leaving the house with no plans and not having to do anything except eat lunch at some point. I really enjoyed walking around in the sunshine with the pleasant wind keeping my hair in a constant state of unrest. I also discovered a lot about Sanxia. I found a tiny health food store that was decorated with Canadian flags but owned by Taiwanese people. I learned that milk tea is considerably cheaper at Carrefour than it is at 711. I found a bookstore that sells adorable postcards. I also found an amazing place to read by the lake at Bei Da University. I really enjoyed my wandering, it was a lot of fun. Afterward, I went to Fuzhong night market with Elena and some of her classmates who, of course, were very friendly and fun. We played an arcade game for which the prize was sausage! We ate the best corndogs I have ever had. Not only were tomatoes fried into the batter, but it was also covered in a sweet mustard that absolutely completed it. We played a game that involved attempting to catch small fish with a paper net (we lost but it was fun) We ate shaved ice covered in mango juice and fresh mango. Elena and I each won a deck of cards by shooting balloons with fake handguns. We ate more food and overall had an amazing time!😉









No comments:

Post a Comment